Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What friends are for?

I have to admit that I was/am being a emo kid and I am trying not to be one anymore. This is obviously one of the reason why people tend to be distance from me. As I try really hard, I found out what a worst person I could be, but I am not talking about this today.

As you can see from above, I named this post " what friends are for? " , and you probably know about how friendless I am. Partly because of being only child I guess?

As I think about it deeper and deeper, I had never been totally a jerk to people around me and I wear a mask in front of people. What people can see is how nice and polite I am, and also seeing me pretend being happy. I don't know why I had been doing this for years.

This is still not what I want to talk, I have been thinking why I don't have any friends to hang out with, even they don't know the mask thing.

Here's the story, I have some "friends" that I would talk to once a while and trying to hang out with them. They are mostly my classmates back in secondary school (grade 11) and we keep in touch after we left school. There's a few of them that I talk to quite often, we mainly talk in msn and also in phone, we talk about many things, mostly daily life.

As we talk more online or in phone, they will then talk about their problems, for example, they had just borken up with a girlfriend, family problem, health problem and maybe money problem too. I was always the one to listen and help them out.

Oh, talking about the helping out thing, I did that a lot for them since we were in the same class. It turned out that they asked me for help everytime they need help.

I am fine with listening to their problems and make them feel better and also helping them out, but here my problem:

Everytime I am having troubles or problems, they rarely listen.

Everytime I want to hang out with them, they made many reasons.

I am tired of this, I am not asking for them paying me anything back, but if we are friends, I wish I will have someone to talk to and to support me just like what friends do.
It sounds like the reason I am in their life is just to solve their problems and a human made record machine.

1 comment:

Pike-chan said...

Sometimes good friends take time to find and during the challenging times, you will know which one to keep and which one to let go...